Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/hunt/public_html/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4927: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4929: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4930: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4931: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
Ultimate Hunting & Fishing • View topic - Elhew English Pointers - How good are they?
by FishnTod Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:16 am
Several years back I had purchased two Elhew Pointers from two separate kennels in Tennessee. A couple of my military hunted with these dogs and I was extremely impressed with their ability to work with the hunter and just not hunt on their own. I had owned several other breeds of pointing dogs but was a bit hesitate to buy a pointer because as a buddy of mine said in Iowa "they run big and hunt on their own." But after seeing these Elhew pointers I changed my mind. Glad I did!!! These two dogs were simply amazing. Their ability to scent game was second to none. Their athletic ability to cover ground was like watching a fine thoroughbred race in the Kentucky Derby. And No, they did not hunt on their own. Training them to check first on a long line then reinforced with an e-collar I could get both of these dogs to hunt at any distance I felt comfortable with. Would I buy one again for bird hunting, without a doubt YES. Do you have an Elhew English Pointer? What do you think of your dog?
Attachments
Web Pic 256.jpg
Web Pic 256.jpg (61.55 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
Web Pic 255.jpg
Web Pic 255.jpg (55.26 KiB) Viewed 1028 times