Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/hunt/public_html/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4927: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4929: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4930: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4931: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
Ultimate Hunting & Fishing • View topic - AR15 - Your thoughts
by bradryan999 Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:36 am
Hi Guys,

I wanna know your thoughts on this new riffle. I heard it's a standard issue by the US Military. Your response is greatly appreciated. ;)

759955_01_dpms_panther_arms_ar15_magpul__640.jpg
759955_01_dpms_panther_arms_ar15_magpul__640.jpg (76.3 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
by FishnTod Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:16 am
Hello Brad, Welcome to the website. As for this being a standard issue AR-15 to the best of my knowledge it is not. When I left active duty the standard version was the solid black version without a modified forearm or optics. The military version is the M-16 not an AR-15 because it also had full auto mode not just semi auto firing. The optics shown were not standard issue but instead open sites. Now mind you the SEAL teams and special forces are issued variants of the AR-15 like the one shown and the good old M-14. Later versions of the M-14 is a better gun in my opinion because you are shooting a bigger shell (7.62mm or 308 cal) vs the AR-15 shell (5.56mm or 223 cal). The earlier versions of the M-14 were pieces of junk and jammed repeatedly. If I run into any of my old Navy (SEAL) buddies in San Diego I will ask them about your question. That is my two cents worth.