Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/hunt/public_html/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4927: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4929: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4930: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4931: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
Ultimate Hunting & Fishing • View topic - Eberstock Pack Back - Is it worth the money?
by TwinsFan Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:04 pm
I purchased several years back a Eberlestock J107 Backpack. Having hunted throughout the West and Midwest I did my homework prior to purchasing this pack. This is my pros and cons regarding this pack and after that you can make up your own mind.

First I like the expanding capability of this pack. You can buy an add on a fanny pack and spike duffel to allow the pack to go from a day pack to a freight pack with about 7900 c.i. plus of space. I really like the spike duffel for organizing my clothes and separating it from my pack once I get to camp. The fanny pack is nice for stalking after I set up an alpine campsite.

Second I like the placement of the scabbard. It is located right behind and in the center of your back. Many packs the scabbard is on the far left or right side and this sometimes can throw off your center of mass if you don't properly pack your gear on other packs. I also like the rifle being right behind my head for ease of access. I simply let out a bit more of the shoulder strap on my rifle and now can just reach over my head and with a quick pull can take a quick shot if needed. Faster than removing the entire pack. This can be a huge advantage when back packing in and having a quick shot opportunity.

Third, i like the fully adjustable shoulder strap system. I am fairly tall and being adjustable to fit a guy like me who is over 6 foot is a big plus.

The only negative thing is that you can not lash large animals heads as easily to the pack as a external frame pack. Also, when you add the spike duffel you add more weight and distance from your back making it more difficult to climb under trees.

Would I buy this pack again, without a doubt, yes. Well there you have it, my two cents worth